From the Principal's Desk
Thank you for expressing an interest in Jesus the Good Shepherd School. We are affiliated with Jesus the Good Shepherd Church and with the Diocese of Shreveport. Choosing a new school is a major decision. As principal, I believe you will find that Jesus the Good Shepherd School provides a challenging curriculum and a safe Catholic environment for your child in grades Pre- Kindergarten - Sixth.
Jesus the Good Shepherd School meets the requirements of the State Department of Education, as the school is state approved. We exist to teach religious doctrine and spiritual values. Ours is a double responsibility.
Jesus the Good Shepherd School has been a part of the Monroe community for over 50 years. We are proud to provide the best education in Monroe and the surrounding areas. At JGS, we are committed to educating the whole child - academically, socially, spiritually and emotionally.
I encourage you to come visit us, meet our faculty, staff and students. Thank you again for considering Jesus the Good Shepherd School. Come join us and see why it is truly a wonderful place to be.
Mrs. Lisa Patrick, M.Ed.
More Information on Admissions
Thank you for your interest in enrolling in Jesus the Good Shepherd School. We are excited about the future and look forward to working with your child. There is a $20.00 non-refundable application fee per child. By March 1st of each school year, you will receive notification on your child's admittance to the school. The Principal will take all applications of new students, sort according to JGS Catholic parishioners, Catholics of other parishes, Catholics with siblings already enrolled, and then other non-Catholics. Each group will then be admitted in the order that the application was received. The first month's tuition will be due when, after notification of acceptance, you decide whether or not you want your child enrolled in the school. It is your responsibility to notify the school office if there is a change in address or telephone number. All fees and tuition are non-refundable. If you choose not to attend the school, your application will be removed from our files. (This policy does not apply if positions become available during the school year, at which point you will be contacted and offered the available slot. Your child will continue to be placed in the order received and, in March, considered for enrollment for the following year.)
Click here to view and print the Application For Admission which is to be filled out completely. Catholics will need to have a copy of the Baptismal certificate and a completed Parish Verification form attached to qualify for that group in the admissions order.
Thank you for your interest in Jesus the Good Shepherd School.
Pre School Requirements
- PreK students must meet the age requirements set forth by the State Department of Education.
PreK3 students must be 3 by September 30 of the current school year.
PreK4 students must be 4 by September 30 of the current school year.
- PreK students MUST be potty-trained before entering the preschool program.
- PreK students will follow the attendance policy set forth by the State Department of Education for elementary schools.
- PreK students must arrive by 8:00 am, and will not be allowed to leave early without a doctor's excuse.
- PreK students will attend weekly Mass after a brief observation period.
- PreK students are required to wear the official Jesus the Good Shepherd School uniform. An extra school uniform must be provided in case of an accident.
- PreK students wear slip-on or Velcro shoes to school. No boots, tie shoes or Crocs®.
- PreK students are not allowed to have sipee cups, pacifiers, blankets or toys at school.
- PreK students do not need to wear belts to school.
- PreK students need REGULAR back packs. Please don't purchase rolling backpacks or those with difficult clasps or small ones. Backpacks must be large enough to hold nap mat materials.
- PreK students do not have access to a microwave at lunchtime. If their lunch is brought from home, it should be ready to eat with NO PREPARATION from the teacher.
- Biting is not tolerated. Discipline measures will be taken if your child bites. If it becomes a problem, actions may be taken by the administration.
- PreK 3 will have a 3-day or a 5-day option. The 3-day option will include Monday, Wednesday, and Friday classes.
- PreK4 students will attend school 5 days per week.
- School hours are 8:00am-3:00pm for all PreK students.